Blessings!!

Blessings!!
Seventeen blessings that make growing older worth the effort!!...and 2 more blessings since this picture was taken!
Welcome



Wouldn't it be wonderful if your family were the envy of all your neighborhood? Not because your family had the biggest house, the fanciest car or the very best interior decorator.

The reason isn't that you are the parents of the most beautiful children, you have a "to die for spouse" and you command a 6 figure income.

The fact of the matter is, you don't own a fancy house, your car is a CarMax reject, and your interior decorator is the local Goodwill Store.

Is all of that important? No! What is important is that your family is "The Happiest Family on the Block"!

I will be sharing our secrets that worked with our 6 children, 6 sons and daughters-in-laws and 19 grandchildren! I will share secrets and ideas that we did do and wished we hadn't, things we didn't do, but wished we had, AND things we did do and are glad we got something right!! Hindsight is 20/20 you know!

The "happy family" revolves around:

Marriage

Raising children

Faith

Schooling

Discipline

Childbirth

Hobbies- cooking, sewing, crafts, decorating

Making money

Finances

Being friends with your grown up children

Being the best grandparents you can be

Etc, etc, etc

Grab a cup of coffee, sit down, relax and let's visit!

My Darling Grandaughter

My Darling Grandaughter

Saturday, October 1, 2011

40th Anniversary

Today we are leaving for a week long anniversary celebration!! Don't you think we deserve it? We have been married to each other for 40 years!!! Has it been all rosy days, happy times? NO!! Has it been worth all the tears, the trials, the heartache? YES!! I hope we have 40 more years together!
Here are pictures of us then and now. How are we doing?
40 years ago ~ October 2, 1971


40 years later

7 comments:

Denise said...

Congratulations on 40 years! New follower here from Weekend Gathering hop. I hope you will take a moment to stop by my blog and check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry). I'm not just trying to gain followers with hopping, I'm trying to spread the word about a product I love. Here's my url http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I also have a facebook page which is www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose I hope you can stop by there as well. It's the fastest way to hear about specials.

Nekky said...

Congrats on your 40th anniversary. Thank God that you made it so far and I say Amen to another 40years ahead. Thanks for stopping by.

Undeserving Grace said...

congratulations on 40 years! that's awesome. now following from today's hop :)
come by and say hello!
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

Mikki said...

Congratulations! I enjoy reading your posts!

I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Please find more info at http://momsbestnest.blogspot.com.

The Adviser said...

This is amazing as my blogs is on marriages. What a wonderful example for couples to see. I will be referring to this post very soon. Thanks for sharing.

Joy said...

Congratulations! 40 years! Few stick it out through the ups and downs that long! How wonderful!

Joy
www.PardonMyPoppet.com/PipSqueaks
Pardon My Poppet ~ Pip Squeaks from the Mummy-verse!

Helen said...

Hey, congrats a little late, but heartfelt non-the-less. We will be 40 soon also. It was a very good year! I guess I am your newest follower. Look for me from time to time... blessings to you and yours.

1 Precious Daughter, 2 precious Grandaughters

1 Precious Daughter, 2 precious Grandaughters
I am blessed!